Season 2018/19 Proficiencies
Chief Instructor : Amanda De Ieso
Glenelg Proficiencies 2018/19
On-Line Proficiency Modules need to be completed through the online Members Area Portal. (Portal Link here ) Please try and complete these before starting Dry proficiencies.
Proficiencies will run exactly the same as last year as the feedback was very positive in the format and timings.
Dates for dry proficiencies – YOU MUST BOOK
Saturday October 20th 1:30pm
Sunday October 21st 1:30pm
Times may change and more dates maybe added. Please keep an eye out for any changes.
Proficiency ART – YOU MUST BOOK
Wednesday 17th October at 6:00pm
Monday 22nd October at 6:00pm
Times are 6:00, 6:30, 7:00, 7:30, 8:00.
BOOKINGS VIA please email Amanda @ email@example.com or via text 0439 900 369
Dry proficiencies with have groups of 4-6 people starting every ½ hour. Please note that if you hold ARTC Dry proficiencies are held at a different time.
Members need to BOOK IN for Dry Proficiencies via email to; firstname.lastname@example.org
Dry consist of: - Resus, Scenario, First Aid, Radios and Signals
Wet consist of: - Rescue, Run-Swim-Run, Carries and IRB Crew/Driver (if you hold the award)
This will be held up at the clubhouse. As a member your responsibilities are:
- Attend one of the proficiency days
- Complete the online component and bring the evidence it is complete. To access it please click Elearning Link
- Sign in at the proficiency session
- Get your card signed and when completed hand this in to Lisa Harvey
Obviously all of the proficiency assessors are volunteers, so please support each other by attending the organised sessions. If for some reason you are unable to attend any session (ie: shift work) then please contact either:
- Sarah Borrie 0411 164 975
- Suzie Macauley 0403 192 876
- Lisa Harvey 0411 033 829
All members must be proficient by 31st December 2018 in order to patrol and compete.
We look forward to seeing you.
SKILLS MAINTENANCE (PROFICIENCY) REQUIREMENTS FOR SEASON 2018/19
Each member will be issued a Proficiency Card to use as a record of completed disciplines. When the card is complete it should then be handed to either Noelene Lee, Suzie Macauley or Lisa Harvey.
Members are asked to log on to the SLSA Members Portal, access the Lifesaving Online Courses and complete the Skills Maintenance theory tasks relevant to your awards. Once complete a certificate can be printed from the Personal Learning Plan menu and presented to club Assessors at the time of the practical demonstration. Please note that this does not replace the need to attend the club and demonstrate knowledge of the award.
Please see the Elearning Link of how to access the e-Learning area of the Members Portal.
Online Theory required for Bronze Medallion:
Online Theory required for Surf Rescue Certificate:
Online Theory required for Resuscitation Certificate:
Online Theory required for Advanced Resuscitation Techniques Certificate:
Online Theory required for IRB Crew and Silver Medallion IRB Driver:
Online Theory required for Radio Operators Certificate:
Proficiency Disciplines are as follows:
- 200 m Run, 200 m Swim, 200 m Run in less than 8 minutes. (Bronze)
- 100 m Run, 100 m Swim, 100 m Run in less than 5 minutes. (SRC)
- Signals test.
- Complete a board or tube rescue as determined by the assessor.
- Demonstration of Resuscitation.
- Demonstration of Radio Technique.
- Demonstration of Spinal Carry.
- Demonstration of Asthma and Anaphylaxis treatment.
- Advanced Resuscitation Techniques (if holder of this certificate)
- IRB Crew (if holder of this certificate)
- IRB Driver (if holder of this certificate)