Season 2016/17 Patrol Roster Dates and Teams 28th Nov 2016
Patrol season 2016/2017 commences Saturday 8th October 2016. This year Glenelg has an additional 9am - noon each weekend during January. Volunteers x 2 are required for each patrol - please contact Brodie or Dee if you are interested.
Changes this year is the removal of the long service patrol. Due to the bulk of IRB drivers also being long service these patrols have had to be disbanded and merged. The long service members have been contacted directly regarding their obligations this season. Any questions please see Brodie or Dee.
- More Patrol team members
- Improved IRB coverage
- More patrols per season
Click for the Season 2016/2017 28th November 2016
- All Bronze Medallion and Surf Rescue Certificate Holders are expected to be on the patrol roster. For SRC members doing their Bronze you can still patrol as an SRC member until you obtain your Bronze so you have your hours for competition.
- Exemptions can only be approved by the Management Committee, with all requests required in writing, putting in a request does not mean an exemption will be granted. Everyone is busy - not just you..
- Persons wishing to compete in the State or Australian Titles will be required to complete a minimum of 16 hours prior to 31 December. (For new BM or SRC holders - those that gain awards in October/November/December a reduced number of hours applies - see us for more detail).
- People missing more than 1 patrol without reasonable excuse may be required to address the Club Committee about continuing membership - so remember if you cant make patrol due to whatever then ring your Patrol Captain and let them know as well as the Vice Captain - your courtesty will ensure you are not penalised but also shows respect to your fellow patrol members.
- Patrolling gives you the hours to compete but also access to the gym. If patrolling hours are not logged access to the gym will be removed.