Season 2017/18 Patrol Roster Dates and Teams 27th Sept 2017 (ammendment)
Patrol season 2017/2018 commences Saturday 7th October 2016. This year Glenelg has an additional 9am - noon each weekend during January. Jared and Dee are your patrolling contacts..
Changes to this years patrol roster:
- More Patrol team members
- Improved IRB coverage
- More patrols per season
- All Bronze Medallion and Surf Rescue Certificate Holders are expected to be on the patrol roster. For SRC members doing their Bronze you can still patrol as an SRC member until you obtain your Bronze so you have your hours for competition.
- Exemptions can only be approved by the Management Committee, with all requests required in writing, putting in a request does not mean an exemption will be granted. Everyone is busy - not just you..
- Persons wishing to compete in the State or Australian Titles will be required to complete a minimum of 16 hours prior to 31 December. (For new BM or SRC holders - those that gain awards in October/November/December a reduced number of hours applies - see us for more detail).
- People missing more than 1 patrol without reasonable excuse may be required to address the Club Committee about continuing membership - so remember if you cant make patrol due to whatever then ring your Patrol Captain and let them know as well as the Vice Captain - your courtesty will ensure you are not penalised but also shows respect to your fellow patrol members.
- Patrolling gives you the hours to compete but also access to the gym. If patrolling hours are not logged access to the gym will be removed.