GSLSC Junior Season 2016/17 from 8th October 2016
Come n Try
Come and Try are Saturday’s especially set aside for new children to come and try either our Nipper program. Come n Try registrations are open from 12.30pm at the Club for all age groups.
Nippers U6 & U7 start 2.15pm and finish 3.34pm
All other ages 1.00pm for a 1.15pm start and finish 3.45pm
Parents and older kids can choose to join in the Club Swim from 4pm..
When & Where
All children are required to register at the registration table located downstairs adjacent to the club entry.
The Junior training program is conducted weekly on Saturday afternoon’s beginning at 1:15pm - 3.45pm for the Under 8 to Under 14 age groups.
The Nippers Under 7 age group train from 2.15pm and finish at 3.45pm. This is for children aged 5 and 6 years old based on their age on the 1st October.
Activities are held on the beach directly in front of the surf club and are designed to introduce and develop the necessary skills for the required of junior surf life savers.
Associated with the regular training program is specialist training programs designed to develop the skills necessary for competition.
The club offers Swim Squad training with subsidies and discounts available to members, some criteria applies.
- First Friday night summer board training starts 14th Oct 2016 4.45pm
- Coached Junior sessions U8 - U14 Westminster Pool, Mondays 6-7pm
- Coached Senior Sessions U15 + Westminster Pool on Mondays and Thursdays 7 - 8 pm
- SAALC Surf Sessions at Marion, specific to surf techniques. Contact Adam Luscombe 0428 592 080
- Junior Saturday Training sessions in January usually are held in the morning and will be confirmed for Jan 2017.
- Ironperson training Sunday mornings will start soon with Merch
- Running training Saturdays with Oli Patterson. Weekday sessions TBA meet on Colley Reserve
- SAALC Swimming - Adam Luscombe 0428 592 080
- Please request membership to the Glenelg Surf Life Saving
Parental / Guardian Involvement
The Glenelg SLSC encourage parents/guardians to be involved in every aspect of their child’s development. Assisting with Nippers can be as easy as helping out on the Fundraising BBQ or maybe you would like to look after some coaching in your child’s age group. We will provide training materials and support you along the way.
Parents who assist around the club should have a current National Police Clearance valid for 3 years.
Please visit the SAPOL website www.sapol.com.au and download the National Police Clearance form, bring it into the club and we will complete the form as a VOAN volunteer - it just takes 1 minute. See Anthony Merchant or Georgina Cole.
Then take it to the Police Station with your proof of I.D. Once you National Police Clearance form has been issued lodge it with the club as Surf Life Saving SA must sight an original copy once this is approved.
The Nippers of TODAY are the Lifesavers of TOMORROW.
Junior Chairman: Anthony Merchant 0411 260 473
Junior Registrar: Emma Martin 0403 163 224
Facebook Group: GSLSC Juniors (Closed group via approval to junior members only) and Glenelg Surf Life Saving Club (Closed group via approval to members only)